There once was a man from Turkey
He was always feeling so perky
But he came down with the flu
And was feeling so blue
So he ate a ton of beef jerky
This is a limerick I about Turkey. I have never been to Turkey before, so I could not describe the scenery, so instead I made it into a limerick about a man from Turkey. The rhyme scheme in this poem is AABBA. There is hyperbole in this poem in the last line, saying he ate "a ton" of beef jerky.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Steph I really like this poem it is really amusing and it follows the guidelines of a limerick very well. Good job!
ReplyDeletehaha, this one made me laugh.
ReplyDeleteIt reminds me of the poem about the man from peru who dreamed of eating his shoe.
This was very amusing and fun to read. Awesome work!
I like how it's very light, and very easy to read. The non-sensical aspect of it made it very funny. I think you used a limerick structure very well to deliver the point of the poem. Lastly, you did a very good job fitting the poem to the theme. Good job!
ReplyDelete