Seven Wonders of the World by Stephanie Dang

The seven wonders
Of this world, it is my dream
To visit them all



This is a simple haiku poem that I wrote. A haiku is a Japanese originated poem composed of three non-rhyming lines which are 5-7-5 syllables. This poem is pretty self-explanatory, it is describing my dream to visit all the seven wonders of the world before I die. I've been to The Great Wall and Niagara Falls, but yet to see the other ones! I will probably use this in one of the summer months, as I would go travelling in a summer month.

8 comments:

  1. Nice poem, steph. I'm gonna guess that your theme is... travelling? I would suggest that you change your last line to make it more grammatically correct. Basically you're saying "It is my dream to travel the seven wonders". I think the seven wonders are things that you have to travel TO. not just travel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, I really like how this poem was short, but it got the message across really clearly. The fact that you wrote a slightly different form of poetry makes the poem more interesting. Talking about the seven wonders also makes it sound more exotic. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph, I really like this haiku as it's different from most other poems - yours is straightforward, clear, and gets the message across in very few words instead of being vague and using lots of fancy words.
    Also, your poem has a rhythm to it, which adds a nice effect to your haiku. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how this haiku doesn't use poetic devices or humour, it just states your dreams as the facts. I like how you are telling the reader about your dream and what you plan on doing in the future. It's very matter of fact and I like that. Good job, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haiku! The simplicity and clarity of the poem and the message it is conveying allows the haiku form to really display its root meaning. The way you are able to express an idea with such poetic form is very powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea, great haiku! I've always wanted to visit them and i will before i die. Keep up the great work. It seems like you really do enjoy travelling!

    ReplyDelete